- n. 床铺；简陋床铺；小客栈；睡眠
- vi. 凑合躺下睡觉；将就过夜
- n. (Doss)人名；(英、法、德)多斯
- doss:  The use of doss in senses associated with ‘lying down on a bed’ comes from an earlier notion of ‘lying on one’s back’. In the 18th century the word was dorse, a borrowing from Latin dorsum ‘back’, but by the 19th century it had become doss, perhaps owing to the influence of French dos. Other English words from the same source include endorse, the adjective dorsal , and dossier . This was acquired from French dossier, a derivative of dos, which originally signified a ‘bunch of papers with a label on the back’.
=> dorsal, dossier, endorse
- 1. You can doss down on my floor.
- 2. Still they get their feed all right and their doss.
- 3. Never mind, we can doss down in the car.
- 不要紧, 我们可以睡在汽车里.
- 4. In paris tramps often doss down under the bridges.
- 5. If these are sweatshops, the Ritz hotel is a doss - house .
- 如果说这些是血汗工厂, 那么 丽兹 大饭店也是个简陋的客栈.
[ doss 造句 ]