CET4 TEM4 IELTS TOEFL
- donation: see date
- donation (n.)
- early 15c., from Old French donacion (13c.), from Latin donationem (nominative donatio) "a presenting, giving," noun of action from past participle stem of donare "give as a gift," from donum "gift," from PIE *donum "gift" (cognates: Sanskrit danam "offering, present," Old Church Slavonic dani "tribute," Lithuanian duonis "gift," Old Irish dan "gift, endowment, talent," Welsh dawn "gift"), from root *do- "to give" (see date (n.1)).
- 1. Return the enclosed Donation Form today in the prepaid envelope provided.
- 2. You can of course help by giving them a donation directly.
- 3. to make a donation to charity
- 4. I'll be sending them a donation in appreciation of their help.
- 5. He's too mean to make a donation.
[ donation 造句 ]