- divorcee (n.)
- "divorced woman," 1813, from French divorcée, noun use of fem. past participle of divorcer (see divorce (v.)). The male equivalent in French is divorcé.
- 1. Is he going to think I'm some kind of kinky, sex - starved, divorcee?
- 2. The King abdicated when he married a divorcee.
- 3. Neither should be a divorcee.
- 4. American divorcee whose marriage to Edward VIII created a constitutional crisis leading to his abdication.
- 5. It had been speculated that the settlement could have left her the world's richest ever divorcee.
[ divorcee 造句 ]