- n. 同上；同上符号；很相似的人或物
- vt. 重复；照抄
- adv. 同上地
- adj. 相似的
- n. (Ditto)人名；(法)迪托
来自意大利语detto, 说，词源同diction. 用来代指文章或写作中同上，同前。
- ditto:  Ditto is a precisely parallel formation to English said ‘aforementioned’ (as in ‘the said John Smith’). It is the Tuscan dialect version of Italian detto, which comes from dictus, the past participle of Latin dīcere ‘say’ (source of English dictionary and a vast range of related words). It was originally used in Italian to avoid repeating the name of the month when giving a series of dates, much as inst and ult are used in commercial English.
=> diction, dictionary
- 1620s, Tuscan dialectal ditto "(in) the said (month or year)," literary Italian detto, past participle of dire "to say," from Latin dicere (see diction).
Originally used in Italian to avoid repetition of month names in a series of dates; generalized meaning of "same as above" first recorded in English 1670s. Dittohead, self-description of followers of U.S. radio personality Rush Limbaugh, attested by 1995. dittoship is from 1869.
- 1. Lister's dead. Ditto three Miami drug dealers and a lady.
- 2. The waiters were rude and unhelpful, the manager ditto.
- 3. And then everybody else who came after that just put " ditto " underneath.
- 随后,在他后面到达的人便在下面写上 “ 原因同上 ”.
- 4. He is the ditto of his mother.
- 5. Two people who are going to be married ought to say ditto to each other.
[ ditto 造句 ]