late 14c., "process of distilling," from Late Latin distillationem (nominative distillatio), noun of action from past participle stem of distillare (see distill). Meaning "product of distilling" is from 1590s.
1. Any faults in the original cider stood out sharply after distillation.
2. The material below is a distillation of his work.
3. The discovery of distillation is usually accredited to the Arabs of the 11th century.
4. Art is the distillation of life.
5. The discovery of distillation is usually accredited to the Arabs of the 11 th century.