1. dis- "apart" + tent- + -ion.
2. 含义：swell or stretch out, extend.
3. also distension.
- distention (n.)
- also distension, early 15c., from Middle French distension and directly from Latin distensionem (nominative distensio, distentio), noun of action from past participle stem of distendere (see distend).
- 1. Gastric distention may also reduce lung volume by elevating the diaphragm.
- 2. It lines hollow organs capable of considerable distention.
- 3. During the phase patients are often severely ill with marked weakness, abdominal discomfort, and distention.
- 值此时期,患者的病势常严重:显著衰弱, 腹部不适并臌胀.
- 4. Left ventricular failure results in distention of the left atrium, engorgement of the pulmonary veins.
- 左心室衰竭导致左心房扩张, 肺静脉充盈.
- 5. Bethanechol is of value in certain cases of postoperative abdominal distention and gastric atony or stasis.
[ distention 造句 ]