2. dis- "apart" + solut- + -e.
3. => loosen apart.
4. => loose, negligent, morally or religiously lax.
dis-, 分开，散开。-solut, 松开，词源同solve. 即松散开，引申词义放纵。
- dissolute (adj.)
- late 14c., "loose, negligent, morally or religiously lax," from Latin dissolutus "loose, disconnected," past participle of dissolvere "loosen up" (see dissolve). A figurative use of the classical Latin word. Related: Dissolutely; dissoluteness.
- 1. His dissolute life is inconsistent with his Puritan upbringing.
- 2. You can't deny that Tom has been an ilde, worthless, dissolute and dishonourable rogue.
- 你也不能否认汤姆是个游手好闲 、 一钱不值 、 放荡无耻的坏蛋吧.
- 3. You can't deny that Tom has been an idle, worthless, dissolute and dishonorable rogue.
- 你不能否认汤姆是个游手好闲 、 一钱不值 、 放荡无耻的坏蛋.
- 4. At this time, Jenny has degenerated and led a dissolute life.
- 在这段时间里, 詹妮已经退化,导致了放荡的生活.
- 5. Jie was extremely tyrannical and dissolute.
[ dissolute 造句 ]