CET6+ TEM4 IELTS GRE TOEFL
dis-, 分开，散开。-sert, 安排，连接，词源同series, insert. 即分开安排，各个讨论，引申词义专题论文。比较discuss, discourse, disquisition.
- dissertation (n.)
- 1610s, "discussion, debate," from Latin dissertationem (nominative dissertatio) "discourse," noun of action from past participle stem of dissertare "debate, argue, examine, harangue," frequentative of disserere "discuss, examine," from dis- "apart" (see dis-) + serere "to arrange words" (see series). Sense of "formal, written treatise" is 1650s.
- 1. I'm supposed to have handed in a first draft of my dissertation.
- 2. Diploma and certificate courses do not normally require the submission of a dissertation.
- 3. Each student has a supervisor to advise on the writing of the dissertation.
- 4. After the discussion of my dissertation I taught him Chinese.
来自汉英文学 - 散文英译
- 5. His dissertation is on the drastic social change brought about by the French Revolution.
[ dissertation 造句 ]