- vi. 不同意；不信奉国教
- n. 异议；（大写）不信奉国教
CET6+ TEM4 GRE
1、dis- "differently" + sent-.
dis-, 不，非，使相反。-sent, 感觉，想法，词源同sense, assent. 即不一样的想法，异议。
- dissent: see sense
- dissent (v.)
- early 15c., from Latin dissentire "differ in sentiments, disagree, be at odds, contradict, quarrel," from dis- "differently" (see dis-) + sentire "to feel, think" (see sense (n.)). Related: Dissented; dissenting. The noun is 1580s, from the verb.
Has there ever been a society which has died of dissent? Several have died of conformity in our lifetime. [Jacob Bronowski "Science and Human Values," 1956]
- 1. Political dissent would no longer be tolerated.
- 2. I made a gesture of dissent.
- 3. It is too late now to make any dissent.
- 4. The regime ruthlessly suppresses all dissent.
- 5. He laughed his dissent.
[ dissent 造句 ]