CET4 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL CET6
1. dis- "apart" + pos- + -al.
2. 含义：put things apart, put things to their different positions (directions), put in order, arrange, distribute.
- disposal (n.)
- 1620s, "power to make use of;" see dispose + -al (2); of waste material, from c. 1960, originally in medical use.
- 1. He has said he will use all the weapons at his disposal.
- 2. A few hours later bomb disposal experts defused the devices.
- 3. They've stooped to using any and every weapon at their disposal.
- 4. If I can be of service, I am at your disposal.
- 5. Congress passed a law that regulates the disposal of waste.
[ disposal 造句 ]