CET6+ TEM4 GRE TOEFL CET6
- disillusion (v.)
- "to free or be freed from illusion," 1855, from a noun meaning "act of freeing from illusion" (1814); see dis- + illusion. Related: Disillusioned; disillusioning.
- 1. There is disillusion with established political parties.
- 2. I hate to disillusion you, but not everyone is as honest as you.
- 3. I hate to disillusion him.
- 4. He owes his election to having tapped deep public disillusion with professional politicians.
- 5. I'd hate to be the one to disillusion him.
[ disillusion 造句 ]