- vt. 不信；使……丢脸
- n. 怀疑；无信用；名声的败坏
CET6+ TEM8 GRE
- discredit (v.)
- 1550s, from dis- "opposite of" + credit (v.). Related: Discredited; discrediting; discreditable; discreditably.
- 1. He says his accusers are trying to discredit government foreign-aid policies.
- 2. He said such methods would discredit the party worldwide.
- 3. They spread disinformation in order to discredit politicians.
- 4. Agents provocateurs may seek to discredit the opposition.
- 5. The photos were deliberately taken to discredit the President.
[ discredit 造句 ]