1. con- "together" + tent- "hold".
2. => that which is contained.
3. Sense evolved through "contained," "restrained," to "satisfied," as the contented person's desires are bound by what he or she already has.
4. dis- "not" + content + -ment.
- 1. He was fatally driven to exaggerate his discontentment.
- 2. Content makes poor men rich; discontentment makes rich men poor.
- 知足使穷人富有, 不满使富人贫穷.
- 3. Responses from these major powers were clearly full of indignation and discontentment.
- 4. I hope it won't cause you consuming discontentment and disdain.
- 5. Is your heart filled with bitterness, anger and discontentment?
- 您是否心怀痛恨苦毒、终日怨天尤人 、 满心愤世嫉俗?
[ discontentment 造句 ]