- adj. 不满的；不满意的
- v. 不满意（discontent的过去式及过去分词）
1. con- "together" + tent- "hold".
2. => that which is contained.
3. Sense evolved through "contained," "restrained," to "satisfied," as the contented person's desires are bound by what he or she already has.
4. dis- "not" + content + -ed.
- 1. The discontented crowd rioted.
- 2. Discontented men stirred the crew to mutiny.
- 3. He's discontented with his wage.
- 4. The government tried to appease discontented workers.
- 5. Mary was not discontented that she brought forth men - children only.
[ discontented 造句 ]