mid-15c., from Middle French dignifier, from Medieval Latin dignificare "make worthy," from Latin dignus (see dignity) + -ficare, from facere "to make, do" (see factitious). Related: Dignification; dignified; dignifying.
1. We won't dignify this kind of speculation with a comment.
2. The mayor was there to dignify the celebrations.
3. Don't try to dignify those few hairs on your face by calling them a beard!
4. I wouldn't dignify this trash by calling it a novel.
5. And I won't even dignify your navy bean suggestion.