- n. 柴油机；柴油；（俚）健康的身体
- adj. 内燃机传动的；供内燃机用的
- n. (Diesel)人名；(德)狄塞耳
- n. 迪赛（意大利时装品牌）
CET6+ TEM4 CET6
- diesel:  The name of this type of internalcombustion engine (which runs on oil rather than petrol) commemorates its inventor, the Parisborn Bavarian engineer Rudolf Diesel (1858– 1913). He conceived his idea for the engine in the early 1890s. In its development stage he was almost killed when one exploded, but by 1897 he had succeeded in producing an operable engine. Within a year he was a millionaire. The term diesel is first recorded in English in 1894.
- diesel (adj.)
- 1894, named for Rudolf Diesel (1858-1913), German mechanical engineer who designed this type of engine.
- 1. The GM diesel engine shunted the coaches to Platform 4.
- 2. I drank a cup of tea that tasted of diesel.
- 3. A large diesel tank mysteriously leaked its contents into the river.
- 4. Black cabs run on diesel.
- 5. Diesel cost 60p/gal in some places.
[ diesel 造句 ]