- vi. 被移交；转让
- vt. 转移；移交；使滚下；衰落
de-, 向下。-volv, 转，词源同evolve, revolve. 即向下转，转交。
- devolve (v.)
- early 15c., "to roll down," from Latin devolvere "to roll down," from de- (see de-) + volvere "to roll" (see volvox). Figurative sense of "to cause to pass down" is from 1520s. Related: Devolved; devolving. Also in same sense was devolute (1530s), from Latin devolutus, past participle of devolvere.
- 1. We have made a conscious effort to devolve responsibility.
- 2. When the President is ill, his duties devolve on the Vice - President.
- 总统生病时, 其职责由副总统代理.
- 3. Additional powers will devolve to the regional governments.
- 4. When the President is ill, his duties devolve upon the Vice - President.
- 总统生病时, 其职务交由副总统代理.
- 5. The house will devolve to his daughter.
[ devolve 造句 ]