de-, 向下，离开。-trit, 转，磨，词源同turn, attrition. 即磨下来的碎屑。
- detritus (n.)
- 1795, "process of erosion," from Latin detritus "a wearing away," from detri-, stem of detere "wear away" (see detriment). Geological sense of "matter produced by erosion" is 1802, probably from French detritus; incorrect, in any case.
- 1. organic detritus from fish and plants
- 2. Detritus usually consists of gravel, sand and clay.
- 岩屑通常是由砂砾, 沙和粘土组成的.
- 3. A channel is no sooner cut than it chokes in its own detritus.
- 4. The profile is established in response to the amount and type of detritus available.
- 5. Flora of clay desert is similar to that of detritus desert.
[ detritus 造句 ]