1. de- "down" + ton- "thunder" + -ation.
2. 字面含义：thunder down, release one's thunder.
3. => act of causing to explode, explosion accompanied by loud sound.
- detonation (n.)
- 1670s, "explosion accompanied by loud sound," from French détonation, from Medieval Latin detonationem (nominative detonatio), from Latin detonare "to thunder down, to release one's thunder, roar out," from de- "down" (see de-) + tonare "to thunder" (see thunder (n.)). Sense of "act of causing to explode" (mid-18c.) developed in French.
- 1. A fearful detonation burst forth on the barricade.
- 2. Within a few hundreds of microseconds, detonation is complete.
- 在几百微秒之内, 爆炸便完成了.
- 3. A few sentences regarding preignition and detonation may be helpful.
- 4. Detonation is an important factor in under water blasting.
- 5. The nitroalkanol imparts improved sensitivity and detonation velocities.
[ detonation 造句 ]