- n. 餐后甜点；甜点心
- n. (Dessert)人名；(法)德塞尔
CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 TOEFL CET6
1. desert + s (蛇) => 在沙漠中用蛇做点心。因为是在沙漠的中间，当然 s 也应放在单词 desert 的中间。
des-, 不，非，使相反。-sert, 服务，词源同deserts, serve. 即停止正餐服务，上甜点。
- dessert: see desert
- dessert (n.)
- c. 1600, from Middle French dessert (mid-16c.) "last course," literally "removal of what has been served," from desservir "clear the table," literally "un-serve," from des- "remove, undo" (see dis-) + Old French servir "to serve" (see serve (v.)).
- 1. Scott was obviously inebriated by the time the dessert was served.
- 2. "I really want some dessert," Keaton says, smacking his lips.
- 3. He finished his dessert and patted his paunch.
- 4. What's for dessert ?
- 5. This dessert can be served straight from the fridge.
[ dessert 造句 ]