- n. 设计师；谋划者
- adj. 由设计师专门设计的；享有盛名的；赶时髦的
1、de- "out" + sign- + -er.
- designer (n.)
- 1640s, "one who schemes;" agent noun from design (v.). Meaning "one who makes an artistic design or a construction plan" is from 1660s. In fashion, as an adjective, "bearing the label of a famous clothing designer" (thus presumed to be expensive or prestigious), from 1966. Designer drug attested from 1983.
- 1. People want to buy designer labels for snob value.
- 2. She asked her son, a graphic designer, to create letterheads and stationery.
- 3. She began a torrid love affair with a theatrical designer.
- 4. Staff will be issued with new grey-and-yellow designer uniforms.
- 5. Stella, 21, is at art school training to be a fashion designer.
[ designer 造句 ]