1、de- "out" + sign- + ation.
- designation (n.)
- late 14c., "action of pointing out," from Old French designacion or directly from Latin designationem (nominative designatio) "a marking out, specification," noun of action from past participle stem of designare (see design (v.)). Meaning "descriptive name" is from 1824.
- 1. The district is under consideration for designation as a conservation area.
- 2. The designation of special marine reserves and marine sanctuaries shall be subject to the State Council for approval.
- 3. The women's liberation movement adopted the designation as its own.
- 4. The president is responsible for the designation of ambassadors.
- 5. The accepted designation for the plane - strain fracture toughness under these environments is this.
- 在这些环境下平面应变断裂韧性所采用的 符号 是这个.
[ designation 造句 ]