1、de- "out" + sign- + -ated.
- designated (adj.)
- past participle adjective from designate. Designated hitter introduced in American League baseball in 1973, soon giving wide figurative extension to designated, such as designated driver, by 1985.
- 1. I live in Exmoor, which is designated as a national park.
- 2. The vessels will have to land their catch at designated ports.
- 3. The President's designated successor is his son.
- 4. Camping is restricted to five designated campgrounds.
- 5. He was designated by the President as the next Secretary of State.
[ designated 造句 ]