- adj. 玩忽职守的；无主的；被抛弃了的
- n. 遗弃物；玩忽职守者；被遗弃的人
TEM4 IELTS GRE
de-, 向下，离开，-re, 向后，-lict, 留下，遗留，词源同delinquent, leave. 即留在后面的，荒废的。
- derelict (adj.)
- 1640s, from Latin derelictus "solitary, deserted," past participle of dereliquere "to abandon, forsake, desert," from de- "entirely" + relinquere "leave behind" (see relinquish). Originally especially of vessels abandoned at sea or stranded on shore. As a noun, from 1660s.
- 1. Derelict inner - city sites could be sold off cheaply for housing.
- 2. The ship is derelict long.
- 3. Her body was found dumped in a derelict warehouse less than a mile from her home.
- 4. Last night I realized that I'd been both blind and derelict.
- 5. No. 41 was almost derelict.
[ derelict 造句 ]