1. de- "away, off" + put- "cut, prune" + -ation.
2. literally "cut off, cut away, prune".
4. => allot, assign, appoint.
5. => one given the full power of an officer without holding the office.
- 1. A deputation of elders from the village arrived headed by its chief.
- 2. The managing director agreed to receive a deputation from the factory.
- 3. They sent a deputation to the ministry to complain.
- 4. A deputation of 40 strikers was organized.
- 5. The deputation to see the Prime Minister arrived dead on time and was received at once.
[ deputation 造句 ]