CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 TOEFL CET6
de-, 向下。press, 压，压制。即压制，引申词义抑郁，沮丧。
- depress: see press
- depress (v.)
- early 14c., "put down by force," from Old French depresser, from Late Latin depressare, frequentative of Latin deprimere "press down," from de- "down" (see de-) + premere "to press" (see press (v.1)). Meaning "push down physically" is from early 15c.; that of "deject, make gloomy" is from 1620s; economic sense of "lower in value" is from 1878. Related: Depressed; depressing.
- 1. The rainy days always depress me.
- 2. I know he is too optimistic but I don't want to depress him.
- 3. When you depress a key of an organ, a note is sounded.
- 你压下一个风琴键, 就会听到一个音符响.
- 4. Small doses depress salivary and bronchial secretion and sweating.
- 5. Some medicines depress the action of the heart.
[ depress 造句 ]