de-, 向下，强调。-liber, 秤，称量，词源同Libra,equilibrium.即反复称量的，审慎。
- deliberation (n.)
- late 14c., Old French deliberation, from Latin deliberationem (nominative deliberatio), noun of action from past participle stem of deliberare "weigh, consider well," from de- "entirely" (see de-) + -liberare, altered (perhaps by influence of liberare "liberate") from librare "to balance, weigh," from libra "scale."
- 1. After much deliberation, a decision was reached.
- 2. After careful deliberation, it was agreed to abandon the project.
- 经过慎重考虑, 大家同意放弃这个项目.
- 3. The policy was adopted in the sequence of much deliberation.
- 4. The scheme is now under deliberation.
- 5. The matter is now under deliberation.
[ deliberation 造句 ]