- vt. 使转向；使偏斜；使弯曲
- vi. 转向；偏斜
CET6+ TEM4 IELTS GRE CET6
de-, 向下。-flect, 弯曲，词源同flexible, inflect.
- deflect (v.)
- 1550s, from Latin deflectere "to bend (something) aside or downward," from de- "away" (see de-) + flectere "to bend" (see flexible). Originally transitive, the intransitive sense is first recorded 1640s. Related: Deflected; deflecting.
- 1. Cage changed his name to deflect accusations of nepotism.
- 2. The war did not deflect him from the path he had long ago taken.
- 3. It's a maneuver to deflect the attention of the people from what is really happening.
- 4. Never let a little problem deflect you.
- 5. This special metal shield will deflect a bullet from its course.
[ deflect 造句 ]