- vt. 放气；使缩小；紧缩通货；打击；使泄气
- vi. 缩小；物价下降
de-, 不，非，使相反。-flat, 膨胀，鼓气，词源同blow, inflate.
- deflate (v.)
- 1891, in reference to balloons, coinage based on inflate. Latin deflare meant "to blow away," but in the modern word the prefix is taken in the sense of "down." Related: Deflated; deflating.
- 1. When it returns to shore, the life-jacket will deflate and revert to a harness.
- 2. Like any actor he can be self-centred but I think I've worked out how to deflate him.
- 3. We deflate the tyres to make it easier to cross the desert.
- 4. Nothing could deflate his ego / pomposity , ie make him less self - assured or pompous.
- 5. The up - regulating of required reserve ratio will deflate money supply.
[ deflate 造句 ]