CET4 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL CET6
- definition (n.)
- late 14c., "decision, setting of boundaries," from Old French definicion, from Latin definitionem (nominative definitio), noun of action from past participle stem of definire (see define).
In logic, meaning "act of stating what something means" is from 1640s; meaning "a statement of the essential nature of something" is from late 14c.; the special focus on words developed after c. 1550. Meaning "degree of distinctness of the details in a picture" is from 1889.
- 1. It all depends on your definition of punk, doesn'tit?
- 2. The legal definition of "know" often presumes mental control.
- 3. Give your brows extra definition with Outdoor Girl'sEyebrow Pencil in Brown.
- 4. The speakers criticised his new programme for lack of definition.
- 5. Human perception is highly imperfect and by definition subjective.
[ definition 造句 ]