- vt. 宣布，声明；断言，宣称
- vi. 声明，宣布
CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 TOEFL CET6
de-, 向下，强调。-clar, 清晰，明确，词源同clear, clarify.引申义公告。
- declare:  To declare something is to make it ‘clear’. English acquired the word from Latin dēclārāre ‘make clear’, a compound verb formed from the intensive prefix dē- and clārāre ‘make clear’, a derivative of clārus ‘clear’.
=> claret, clear
- declare (v.)
- early 14c., from Old French declarer "explain, elucidate," or directly from Latin declarare "make clear, reveal, disclose, announce," from de- intensive prefix (see de-) + clarare "clarify," from clarus "clear" (see clear (adj.)). Related: Declared; declaring.
- 1. Which do they want me to do? declare war or surrender?
- 2. His lawyers are confident that the judges will declare Mr Stevens innocent.
- 3. You may have to declare that you have had an HIV test.
- 4. It's too early to declare his efforts a success.
- 5. The government is ready to declare a permanent ceasefire.
[ declare 造句 ]