mid-15c., from Middle French décision (14c.), from Latin decisionem (nominative decisio) "a decision, settlement, agreement," noun of action from past participle stem of decidere (see decide). Decision making (adjective, also decision-making) is recorded from 1953.
1. Ministers took the floor to denounce the decision to suspend constitutional rule.
2. When the decision was read out Mrs Gardner thanked the judges.
3. There has been a very mixed reaction to the decision.
4. They have been calling the Presidency decision a backroom deal.
5. This was a matter for decision by the individual.