- n. 轻拍；少量；熟手；比目鱼
- v. 轻拍；涂；轻擦；轻敷（过去式dabbed，过去分词dabbed，现在分词dabbing，第三人称单数dabs）
- n. (Dab)人名；(法)达布
2. daub <====> dab.
- dab (v.)
- c. 1300, dabben "to strike," of unknown origin, perhaps imitative. Modern sense of "strike with a slight, quick pressure" developed by mid-16c., influenced by French dauber (see daub). Related: Dabbed; dabbing. As a noun from c. 1300, "heavy blow with a weapon." Dab hand is British slang, 1828, from dab "expert" (1690s), said to be school slang, of unknown origin, perhaps from dab in the "strike lightly" sense.
- 1. She wore no make-up, not even a dab of lipstick.
- 2. DAB is the radio system of the 21st Century.
- 3. She's a dab hand at DIY.
- 4. He's a dab hand at cooking spaghetti.
- 5. Ask Neil to do it — he's a dab hand at carpentry.
[ dab 造句 ]