CET6+ TEM8 GRE
置换自拉丁语culter,刀，来自PIE*skel,砍，劈，词源同cleave,scale.-ery,集合名词后缀。拼写 受cut 影响俗化。
- cutlery (n.)
- mid-14c., cutellerie, "art or trade of knife-making," from Old French coutelerie "cutlery, knife-making" (13c., Modern French coutellerie) "cutting utensils," also "knife-making," from coutel "knife," from Latin cultellus (see cutlass). Meaning "knives and forks collectively" is from 1836.
- 1. Tables are set with white china and gold-banded silver cutlery.
- 2. We had no fridge, cooker, cutlery or crockery.
- 3. We keep the cutlery in the kitchen.
- 4. Shef - field is famous for its cutlery.
- 5. He felt a real country bumpkin, sitting in that expensive restaurant, not knowing which cutlery to use.
- 他觉得自己像个土老帽儿, 坐在高级餐厅里, 不知道该用哪一件餐具.
[ cutlery 造句 ]