来自PIE*skeu, 遮盖，保护，词源同hide, house, custody.
- cuticle: see hide
- cuticle (n.)
- 1610s, from Latin cuticula, diminutive of cutis "skin," from PIE *ku-ti-, from root *(s)keu- "to cover, conceal" (cognates: Lithuanian kiautas "husk," Old English hyd "skin, hide;" see hide (n.1)). Specialized sense of "skin at the base of the nail" is from 1907. Related: Cuticular.
- 1. The reform has hardly made a scratch upon the cuticle of affairs.
- 2. The old cuticle is digested by molting fluid.
- 3. The'shell " is composed of three structures: the membranes, the mineralized part and the cuticle.
- 蛋壳 由3种结构组成: 膜, 矿物质化部分和壳胶膜.
- 4. The outer tangential wall of both surfaces had cuticle.
- 5. The oil painting under his brush then becomes a layer of cuticle.
[ cuticle 造句 ]