- vi. 低声歌唱；满怀柔情地唱流行歌曲
- vt. 柔情地唱；对…低声唱
- n. 低吟，低吟声；轻哼，轻哼声
- n. (Croon)人名；(瑞典、德)克龙
1. cry => cr- "cry" + -oon (suffix) => croon (cry => 本义: groan, lament, mourn).
2. 进而引申为：utter a low or murmuring sound, sing softly and sadly, groan or lament with a soft sound.
3. => sing softly, hum.
- croon (v.)
- c. 1400, originally Scottish, from Middle Dutch kronen "to lament, mourn," perhaps imitative. Originally "to bellow like a bull" as well as "to utter a low, murmuring sound" (mid-15c.). Popularized by Robert Burns. Sense evolved to "lament," then to "sing softly and sadly." Related: Crooned; crooning.
- 1. Later in the evening, Lewis began to croon another Springsteen song.
- 2. Don't be startled by the smiling, white - haired man who croon " Merry Christmas " to you.
- 当你见到那向你低声哼着 “ 圣诞快乐 ” 面带笑容的白发老人时,不要感到吃惊.
- 3. Croon a song a woman, began to clean up the dishes.
- 女人轻哼著歌, 开始收拾碗碟.
[ croon 造句 ]