in Internet sense, c. 2000, short for robot. Its modern use has curious affinities with earlier uses, such as "parasitical worm or maggot" (1520s), of unknown origin; and Australian-New Zealand slang "worthless, troublesome person" (World War I-era). The method of minting new slang by clipping the heads off words does not seem to be old or widespread in English. Examples (za from pizza, zels from pretzels, rents from parents) are American English student or teen slang and seem to date back no further than late 1960s.
1. Urban wastewater treatment plant ( UWTP ) undertaken by BOT - type scheme has been developmented rapidly nowadays.
近年来,城镇污水 处理厂 BOT项目呈现良好的发展势头.
2. The idea that introduces BOT investment in environmental protection project is proposed.
3. A sound legal system concerning BOT is yet to come.
4. Particularly analyzing the applications of BOT modal in city - rail - transit in China.
5. The project financing and constructing patterns of BOT have widely applying space.