CET4 TEM4 考 研 CET6
a同前缀ex-, 出，向外，此处表强调。词根ward, 看，同单词ward, 看护，守护。指仔细看过后做出的决定，授奖。
- award (v.)
- late 14c., "decide after careful observation," from Anglo-French awarder, from Old North French eswarder (Old French esguarder) "decide, examine" (after careful consideration), from es- "out" (see ex-) + warder "to watch" (see ward (n.)). Related: Awarded; awarding.
- award (n.)
- late 14c., "decision after consideration," from Anglo-French award, Old French esguard, from esguarder (see award (v.)). Meaning "something awarded" is first attested 1590s.
- 1. Mr Dudley has pledged to give any award to charity.
- 2. Sue and John were especially thrilled with this award.
- 3. She went to New York to receive the award in person.
- 4. It carried off the Evening Standard drama award for best play.
- 5. Brondello secured the MVP award by scoring 357 points.
[ award 造句 ]