- aviary: see augur
- aviary (n.)
- 1570s, from Latin aviarium "place in which birds are kept," neuter of aviarius "of birds," from avis "bird," from PIE *awi- "bird" (cognates: Sanskrit vih, Avestan vish "bird," Greek aietos "eagle").
- 1. The birds will winter outside in an aviary.
- 2. The owner said the bird may have escaped through a weak spot in the aviary.
- 3. I kept the birds indoors all winter and introduced them into an aviary the following June.
- 4. There are many different kinds of birds in the aviary.
- 5. There was also an aviary full of rare birds.
[ aviary 造句 ]