前缀at-同ad-. 词根test, 见证，来自PIE *tri-st, *tri同three, 三。st,站。即第三者，见证者，词源同testis, 睾丸，testament，证词。单词test, 测试，同词根terra, 土，见terrestrial, 领土的。原指土制陶罐用来检测贵金属如金，银纯度。字母r,s音变。
- attest: see testament
- attest (v.)
- 1590s, from Middle French attester (Old French atester, 13c.) "affirm, attest," from Latin attestari "confirm," literally "bear witness to," from ad- "to" (see ad-) + testari "bear witness," from testis "witness" (see testament). Related: Attested; attesting.
- 1. I can personally attest that the cold and flu season is here.
- 2. Police records attest to his long history of violence.
- 3. Contemporary accounts attest to his courage and determination.
- 4. I can attest to the absolute truth of his statement.
- 5. These ruins sufficiently attest the former grandeur of the place.
[ attest 造句 ]