1. at- "to" + tent- + -ive + -ly.
2. literally "stretch toward".
3. => give attention to, pay attention to, take care of.
4. The notion is of "stretching" one's mind toward something.
- 1. He questioned Chrissie, and listened attentively to what she told him.
- 2. She listened attentively while I poured out my problems.
- 3. She listened attentively and set down every word he said.
- 4. He was writing his report so attentively that he didn't know the rice gruel in the pot had boiled over.
- 5. During the acts Carrie found herself listening to him very attentively.
来自英汉文学 - 嘉莉妹妹
[ attentively 造句 ]