- adj. 伴随的；侍候的
- n. 服务员，侍者；随员，陪从
CET6 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 TOEFL
1. at- "to" + tend- + -ant.
2. literally "stretch toward".
3. => give attention to, expect, wait for, pay attention, take care of, wait upon.
4. The notion is of "stretching" one's mind toward something.
- attendant (n.)
- 1550s, "one who waits upon," from the adjective, or from Middle French atendant, noun use of present participle of atendre (see attend).
- attendant (adj.)
- late 14c., "solicitous, attentive," see attendant (n.). Sense of "serving under, accompanying in a dependant position" is from c. 1400.
- 1. Tony Williams was working as a car-park attendant in Los Angeles.
- 2. Mr Branson's victory, and all the attendant publicity, were well deserved.
- 3. The girl attendant has set about cleaning the room.
- 4. She was interrupted by the entrance of an attendant.
- 5. She was uninterrupted with the entrance of an attendant.
[ attendant 造句 ]