1835, from French attaché "junior officer attached to the staff of an ambassador, etc.," literally "attached," past participle of attacher "to attach" (see attach). Attache case "small leather case for carrying papers" first recorded 1900.
1. We unpacked our attache cases, which contained our tools and a small radio receiver.
2. Good and professcional appearance, please attache photo to your CV. Thank you.
3. The government ordered the commercial attache to return home.
4. The culture attache aches over after attending a banquet.
5. Ill take this briefcase ( attache case ) with me.