CET6 TEM8 GRE
- assertive (adj.)
- 1560s, "declaratory, positive, full of assertion," from assert + -ive. Meaning "insisting on one's rights" is short for self-assertive (1865).
- 1. Be assertive and spell out exactly how you feel.
- 2. Be assertive rather than bottle up your anger.
- 3. You should try and be more assertive.
- 4. Her son was an energetic, assertive boy, always ready to argue.
- 她的儿子是个精力充沛而意志坚定的孩子, 时刻准备着争论.
- 5. If you want good relationships, you must have the confidence to be self-assertive when required.
[ assertive 造句 ]