1、as- "to" + sent-.
前缀as- 同ad-. 词根sent, 感知，同sense. 同感，同意。
- assent: see sense
- assent (v.)
- c. 1300, from Old French assentir "agree; get used to" (12c.), from Latin assentare "to agree with," frequentative of assentire, from ad- "to" (see ad-) + sentire "to feel, think" (see sense (n.)). Related: Assented; assenting.
- assent (n.)
- early 14c., "consent, approval," from Old French assent, a back-formation from assentir (see assent (v.)).
- 1. Without their assent a political settlement cannot be reached.
- 2. He gave his assent to the proposed legislation.
- 3. The director has given her assent to the proposals.
- 4. I couldn't assent to, much less participate in such proceeding.
- 我对于这种举动并不赞成, 哪里还谈得上参与呢.
- 5. The new bill passed by Parliament has received Royal Assent.
[ assent 造句 ]