CET6 TEM8 IELTS GRE TOEFL
前缀a-同ad-. 词根scribe, 写，见describe.
- ascribe: see scribe
- ascribe (v.)
- mid-14c., ascrive, from Old French ascrivre "to inscribe; attribute, impute," from Latin ascribere "to write in, to add to in a writing," from ad- "to" (see ad-) + scribere "to write" (see script (n.)). Spelling restored by 16c. Related: Ascribed; ascribing.
- 1. To ascribe opinions retrospectively is of course very dangerous.
- 2. We do not ascribe a superior wisdom to government or the state.
- 3. I would not ascribe vice to him.
- 4. Scholars ascribe the unsigned painting to Rubens.
- 5. Whenever a man does anything unexpected, his fellows ascribe it to the most discreditable motives.
- 每逢一个人干出一件出人意料的事, 他的相识们总是替他想出种种最令人无法置信的动机.
[ ascribe 造句 ]