- artless (adj.)
- 1580s, "unskillful," from art (n.) + -less. Later also "uncultured" (1590s); then "unartificial, natural" (1670s) and "guileless, ingenuous" (1714). Related: Artlessly; artlessness.
- 1. She was curiously artless.
- 2. the artless sincerity of a young child
- 3. He smiled as artless as a child of 5.
- 4. 'I thought you knowed everything, father,'said the artless boy.
- “ 我以为你什么都知道呢, 爸爸, ” 天真的孩子说.
来自英汉文学 - 双城记
- 5. The artless woman had made a confidant of the boy.
[ artless 造句 ]