- n. 小河；河谷；干涸沟壑
- n. (Arroyo)人名；(西、葡)阿罗约
前缀ar-同ad-. -royo, 同词根rug, 皱，见corrugated, 起皱的。指矿道，山谷。
- arroyo (n.)
- "watercourse, dry streambed," 1845, a California word, from American Spanish, in Spanish, "rivulet, small stream," from Latin arrugia "shaft or pit in a gold mine," apparently a compound of ad- "to" (see ad-) + ruga "a wrinkle" (see rough (adj.)).
- 1. She continued along the path until she came to the arroyo.
- 2. The 8 realities will shape the Arroyo administration's foreign policy.
- 3. It is the biggest rally against Arroyo in recent years.
- 4. President Gloria Arroyo has ordered the military to help with relief efforts.
- 5. The Hong Kong government has not commented on Arroyo's announcement.
[ arroyo 造句 ]