- arrear: see rear
- c. 1300, "at a disadvantage;" mid-14c., "in times past;" late 14c., "in or to the rear;" see arrears. Meaning "behind in duties or payments" is from 1620s.
- 1. The bill of the little household, which had been settled weekly , first fell into arrear.
- 2. He is six weeks in arrear with his rent.
- 他已拖欠房租6周.(他拖欠了六个星期的租金. )
- 3. The arts of medicine and surgery are somewhat in arrear in Africa.
- 4. He is six week In arrear with his rent.
- 5. The payment is six months in arrear.
[ arrear 造句 ]