- n. [植] 乔木；凉亭；藤架
- n. (Arbor)人名；(英)阿伯
来自herb, 草，指花园（凉亭）, 受词根arbor的影响。
- arbor (n.)
- c. 1300, herber, "herb garden," from Old French erbier "field, meadow; kitchen garden," from Latin herba "grass, herb" (see herb). Later "a grassy plot" (early 14c., a sense also in Old French), "a shaded nook" (mid-14c.). Probably not from Latin arbor "tree," though perhaps influenced by its spelling.
The change from er- to ar- before consonants in Middle English also reflects a pronunciation shift: compare farm from ferme, harbor from Old English herebeorg.
- 1. Mr Arbor squawked that the deal was a double-cross.
- 2. -- Increasing the supply of fruit, vegetables and arbor foodstuffs.
- -- 提高水果 、 蔬菜和木本食物供给水平.
来自汉英非文学 - 白皮书
- 3. So Arbor Day was born on April 10 th, 1872, and the first Arbor Day was celebrated.
- 于是第一个植树节于1872年4月10日诞生了, 并举行了第一个植树节庆典.
- 4. The arbor size is determined scientifically after optimum by random direction method.
- 5. Because of him, Arbor Day was set up in Nebraska.
- 因着他的努力, 内布达斯卡州设立了植树节.
[ arbor 造句 ]